Wednesday 14 April 2010

A Rose is a Rose for a 60th Birthday

A Rose is a Rose for 60

I was recently asked to do a 60th Birthday card and that the lady in question liked flowers and that was about as far as the brief went - brief to say the least! So I thought I'd give my new SU! stamp set "A Rose is a Rose" a go and made this easel card. The stamp is called a two-step stamp set, which is something SU! does quite a lot of, and simply put, you have two stamps the first you stamp in the lighter colour and then the second stamp you line up (using your trusty stamp-a-ma-jig) to put in the detail using a darker ink & the result is fabulous and as roses come in so many different colours, the combinations of colours are endless!

I've used Barely Banana and Apricot Appeal and the leaves are done in Certainly Celery & Old Olive

Here's the rest of the details - all SU!:
Sentiment - Oval All
DSPs - Tea & Crumpets
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip; Whisper White
Ribbon - Chocolate Chip
Oval punch & oval scallop punch

Other - "60" cut on Cricut

I'm entering my card into Die Cut Dreams as their challenge this week is a vintage card with no colouring

TFL x




9 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Absolutely stunning, worth putting that set together now I'm sure!

Kaz Hall said...

Love what you have done with the rose Jan.....colours are gorgeous!! Glad you found the old mojo have missed it .......fabby work!!kazxx

Faye said...

Love your colour combo, it is so pretty. I think the lady in question will love it. I love easel cards! Hope you're not doing too much!! xxx

Mummylade said...

such a classy card, really nice! I'm so glad you entered the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

cheryl said...

oh this is gorjus hun love it what a fab design hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Stef H said...

absolutely gorgeous! and that 60 is beautiful too! one of my favorite SU stamps!

Victoria said...

Beautiful easel card Jan. I haven't got that set but it looks lovely - especially in these muted tones, something very classy about it

Thanks so much for joining in with our vintage challenge at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria
x

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Jan, love your roses and layout and the sheer elegance of this.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Beutiful Jan, love the rose, such a classy card, Thankyou for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week, Hope you can join in next week too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx