Monday 10 May 2010

Brown, Blue & Cream

photo

I think this is a lovely colour combo and it's been set by Tasha over at Sophisticats for our latest challenge.

I decided to (finally) ink up my new HouseMouse stamp I bought at the NEC and made this baby boy card, how sweet is that mouse? He's stamped with grey Memento ink, which gives a lovely soft image & I've coloured him with Koh-i-noor pencils.

Stampin' Up! used:
Sentiment - Whimsical Words (SAB set)
DSPs - Bashful Blue Designer Series
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip

Other:
Martha Stewart punch; card candy from stash.

I'm one of those "odd" people that adore rodents, I know some people hate them, but I think they're gorgeous, in particular rats & mice (I can see you shuddering at the back LOL). Last year my daughter and I got ourselves two cute little ratties and called them Morris & Milo, like all animals they had very distinct personalities, Morris was the leader, the greedy boy & more adventurous of the two, whilst Milo was quieter, more cuddly & not as daring as his brother. Sadly we had to have Milo put to sleep last week, as although he was only 8 months old he'd developed a brain tumour, which is fairly common in rats, but it was so upsetting for us, and he will be sadly missed. We didn't want to leave Morris on his own as rats are sociable creatures, they live in colonies and shouldn't be kept on their own, so on Saturday we got ourselves two new little fellas, who have been named Seymour & Bertie. Seymour is very shy, and keeping himself to himself at the moment, whilst Bertie is Bold Bertie and very bright & very nosey - I think he's going to be a handful! They're in a separate cage at the moment as they have to be introduced carefully to Morris so there's no fighting and so far they've sniffed each other through the bars. So although we still and always will miss Milo, these two new boys have helped to cheer us up & hopefully Morris too.

Anyway that's enough of my rattie waffle, hope you can join us at Sophisticats again this fortnight! And looking forward to seeing your blue, brown & cream creations.

TFL x


4 comments:

Loraine Arderne said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, what a cute card. Love that little house mouse!

Margreet said...

such a lovely card Jan......love that HM stamp and your DP is also nice!
xxx Margreet

Stef H said...

oh that image is adorable! super fabulous card!

Faye said...

I think your card is lovely and hope you have fun with your new friends. x