Monday 25 May 2009

Stamp Something - Sketch Challenge


Sometimes a card takes me ages and sometimes it goes together really easily and I'm pleased to say that this one was the latter, I've used all Stampin' Up! and that makes co-ordinating everything just so simple.  I chose the image, which is from the set "Fun & Fast Notes", chose the DSP which is from the set "Tea & Crumpets" and took the colours from there.  I would never have put these two colours together (Apricot Appeal and Perfect Plum), but they worked in the paper so I added matching cardstock, watercoloured the image with the same, plus Sage Shadow on the leaves and even found a matching eyelet in my Crop-a-dile box (the only non SU element on the card).  I put the Apricot Appeal cardstock through my Cuttlebug to add some texture and the sentiment is from the same stamp set as the image.

I'm really pleased with this card and will definately use this colour scheme again, especially as I've just ordered another 4 sets of DSP's from SU, including the Tea & Crumpets one again! Well they are on offer until the end of the month - be rude not to! LOL

The only thing I don't like about this card is the photo, I took 5 in the end and couldn't get it right, the light's just not right today, in real life the purple on the card is a softer plum as is the Apricot, but my daughter assures me the photo is ok & to stop fussing!

3 comments:

Emma said...

I love what you have done with the scrummy paper and stamp - looks great x

Donna said...

Fantastic card Jan, love the papers and colours and the image is so pretty :) Donna x

cardsandacuppa said...

Great layout on this card, a nice one for emergencies, simple but effective! I love this paper too, it's the best one from the set I think- so good I don't use it so as not to cut into it, He, he!
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx