Monday 27 July 2009

Midnight Madness & Mo's Digital Pencil

I recently came across this blog - Mo's Digital Pencil and she is a very talented artist selling her sketches on Etsy. She gave out this brilliant sketch - Harvest Dance recently and I've been dying to use it, although was worried I wouldn't do it justice! I've coloured the image with my Stampin' Up! markers, using mostly the Earth Element set to keep an Autumn theme throughout the card, and matched it with the DSPs - Haiku & buttons (all SU!) and SU c/s in Old Olive & More Mustard. The flower & wire on the top of the picture are from my stash & I've followed the sketch over at Midnight Madness so I can enter the card in their challenge.

I've got a couple more of Mo's sketches so keep watching as I'll be using them soon for sure.

TFL x

5 comments:

Emma said...

Oooh Jan this is really unusual and beautifully coloured. It's something different and I like it :D

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I see a little bit of that Harvest Dance, very different and refreshing! Yes, a talented artist and as you are with coloring of image and color choices for paper and embellishments. Great take on the sketch and thank you for joining us at Midnight madness, hope to see you again.

Jane, MMDT member

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Very unique and fun card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. :)
~Michelle MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

hello Jan, your entry this week is just so festive..makes me want to dance :)..I really love those colors and your flower hanger looks fab. Thank you so much for playing our sketch challenge. I for one, look forward to the viewing the entries each week. I get so much inspiration and ideas from our players. Please think of some friends that you know that do not play our challenges, because we are going to have a "Refer a Friend" challenge coming soon with extra prizes ;) we are always trying to keep it fresh at the Midnight Madness challenge blog.
Priscilla

Carolyn said...

Very original and fun. I didn't even know there was a harvest dance :) You did the image justice and colored it very well. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week! Hope you will play again.

Carolyn, MMSC DT