Saturday 11 July 2009

Lily of the Valley Challenge 31


I used the great sketch over at Lily of the Valley to make this card for my Charisma DT buddy Vee, who's birthday was last week (she's had the card so it's safe to post now!).

I love using squares on my card, don't know what it is, but anything with squares in the background and I'm hooked! Anyway, apart from the flowers, which are Flora Doodles & the button & gems from my stash, the rest is all Stampin' Up!

Cardstock - Chocolate Chip
DSP's - Sweet Always (one of my favourite sets)
Ribbon - Chocolate Chip
Image - Garden Whimsy (another much loved & much used set)
Sentiment - Fun & Fast notes (ditto the above! LOL)

It's not very clear in the photo, but I've stamped the butterfly using Versamark & then added a copper embossing powder (Cosmic Shimmer) and in real life it gave the butterfly a lovely coppery sheen. I was going to glitter the butterfly, stamped it out and then realised I didn't have the right colour glitter - d'uh, so had to act quickly while the Versamark was still sticky and used the embossing powder instead! Pleased with the result though and at least I didn't end up covered in glitter for days, like I usually do when I use the darn stuff!

2 comments:

Zoe Tant said...

Love the copper embossing and great colour/pattern combos. Zoe

Ali Dantre said...

Hi ya jan...this is absolutely gorgeous hun. I love this LO & keep saying im going to give it a go :o)

Have a great weekend hun.

Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Jan did I send you a thank you for u know?
apologies if I didnt will email you incase i didnt.

xx