First time I've made one of these and it wasn't as complicated as it first looked, the hardest part (for me) was cutting a piece of 12 x 12 into 11 x 11 - sounds easy but I'm so rubbish at measuring and then I cut the same end twice so ended up with a 10 x 10 piece! My husband came to my rescue as I was about to have a paddy, took over & I ended up with a lovely, straight square. The upshot of this is that I NEED a ScorPal!! The good thing about this box is you can make it any size you want (phew) as long as the piece for the lid is ½" bigger, so mine's a tad smaller than I originally intended!
The box was the project over at Stamps & Smiles this week & Digital Tuesday's Challenge was also to make a box or bag, so the two challenges went really well together.
I used Stampin' Up! DSP as it's double sided and quite thick, thick enough to make a box and easier to manipulate than cardstock, the paper is from the set Tea & Crumpets. I've also made a band to go around the box and have secured that underneath with a velcro fastener so it's easy to remove & open the box.
The image is a digital image from the Digi-shack and I've coloured it with SU! markers in Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal & Certainly Celery, I've also used some SU matching Barely Banana cardstock to mount it on.