Monday 7 September 2009

Sophisticats Launch Day

It's our big launch over at Sophisticats today - yippee - so hope you can hop over & join us in the fun!

We have a great sketch to follow for our first challenge, designed by our No. 1 Sophisticat (and all round good egg!) Lisa:

I spent ages fiddling around with this layout and finally got my card sorted, all those curved lines threw me a curve ball for sure - I must be a straight and angular kinda gal, but I'm sure for all your talented & creative wonders out there - it'll be a breeze! Remember you can turn the sketch around as long as we can see the original in your design & your entry can be anything, cards ATCs, scrap pages etc.

I've kept my card all Stampin' Up! The beautiful DSP's are retiring at the end of this month, as is the (main image) stamp set (Hostess gift, level 1) so if you would like to order either of these items, then just pop me an email.

Stamp - A Little Bit of Happiness, coloured with SU! markers
Sentiment - Fresh Cuts
DSPs - Sweet Always (so sad this is going, sob, sob)
Ribbon - Chocolate Chip
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip; Whisper White

Flowers, brads, pearls & button - all non SU! from my stash.

There's a wonderful prize up for grabs too, a whole load of goodies entitled Wedding Set, which works together beautifully on all your wedding projects, but fab for other things too.


Looking forward to seeing you all over at Sophisticats.


6 comments:

Vee said...

Morning Jan!! Love this card and all the lovely detail. Popping over to Sophioticats now. But before I go I've left a little award on my blog for you.
xx Vee

Sally said...

Hello Jan,
Gorgeous card. I just pulled those papers to work with this morning. LOL...

Stephanie said...

Great job with the sketch - gorgeous card Jan :)
Hugs xxx

cheryl said...

hi hun you have made a brill card with the sktch hers to the next one hugs little cat xxxxxxx

Stef H said...

it's a beauty! gave me trouble too, but guess we're all great because we all rocked it!!!! wooo hooo!

hugs,

Donna said...

Wow Jan, fantastic card, love the papers and the layout, so unusual and interesting, I love the way you've used the the images in the centre, very nice indeed :) Donna x