Saturday 21 February 2009

High Hopes Guest Designer Call



Well you've got to be in it to win it as they say, so I thought I'd give it a go and send off an entry for the High Hopes Guest Designer Call.

I don't have any High Hopes stamps - yet! But the challenge said it was ok to use what you have, so I used a digital stamp from Pollycraft, this one is from a set called Penelope Gardening, I thought it was such a great image, and I've used watercolour pencils to colour her in as I wanted to keep the image quite pale not to overpower the pale pinks in the background. I've used three papers from FunkyHand's Funky Seasons CD in a mixture of pinks & browns and used a sentiment from the same papers, the ribbon is also a paper strip from one of the papers. I've also inked around the edges of the papers and the image with a sepia toned ink pad, to blend it all in together. I'm really pleased with it, I love the way the colours work together, so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very cute Card!! Great job on the challenge!!