Saturday 19 December 2009

Anniversary Cards and Sweet Stampin Challenge

Good morning everyone, on this icy cold (but very sunny here) day, it's my 11th Wedding Anniversary today, so having a nice chilled day, the bubbly's chilling in the fridge and we'll have a takeaway tonight - we rarely go out for our Anniversary as it's not very romantic sitting in a restaurant amid a load of Office parties! So we'll have a lovely meal at home, with some Champagne and snuggle up in front of the fire.

So first I want to show you my Anniversary cards, this is the one I made for my hubby, I used the sketch from this week's challenge at Your Next Stamp, so I'll enter it there

Stampin' Up! used:
Cardstock - Whisper White; Very Vanilla; Chocolate Chip
Ribbon - Very Vanilla
SU Markers - Close to Cocoa; Creamy Caramel; Pixie Pink; Pretty in Pink; Barely Banana, Summer Sun
Scallop Border Punch

Other:
Image - Pink Petticoat digi
Papers - digi's from Two Peas in a Bucket
Embossing Die, Heart Die
Tag - cut on CraftRobo
Sentiment - Printed on computer

I also want to show you the card that Hubby made for me, yes made for me, he disappeared in my craft room this morning and came out with this:

It's the first card he's ever made, and I think all in all he did a great job! He raided my stash, was very creative in attaching the flower to the card using a brad, and even did some stamping! I also have to show you the back as he used my handmade by stamp!

Stampin' Up! used:
Cardstock - Real Red; Pretty in Pink

Other:
Sentiment - (brand new, I've not even inked it up yet!) PTI
Roses & brad from my stash.

I was chuffed to bits he made me a card, I also had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers.

Now onto this week's Sweet Stampin challenge which is "Punch It" - now this isn't about relieving Christmas stress, but we want you to use at least one punch on your entry. Here's my, very bright & sunny card:

All Stampin' Up! used:
Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly; Pick a Petal; Stem Sayings
Punch - Butterfly Punch; 1" circle punch
Cardstock - Whisper White; YoYo Yellow; Only Orange
Ink - YoYo Yellow; Only Orange; Basic Black

It's even brighter IRL but made a nice change after all the Christmas colours.

Hope you can join us this week & look forward to seeing all your entries

Have a good day all

14 comments:

Stef H said...

first, a very happy anniversary and many more!

your card is stunning, but hubby's is gorgeous! what a super fabulous gesture. would have brought me to tears!!!! and your sun-shiny card is fabulous.

all-in-all, looks like you'll be having a super day! woooo hoooo.

hugs

Margreet said...

Congrats on your 11th wedding anniversary, both to you and Kev....you used a stunning image on your card.....love it very much.....butttttt....love the 2nd card most....so sweet of your hubby!!!! Enjoy your meal tonight!
Your DT card is also gorgeous as I already said on the DT blog!
Have a nice weekend,
xxx
Margreet

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

I love all your cards! Awesome take on the YNS sketch. I'm sure your hubby loved it! Thank for joining us! Your hubby is so creative and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw that he crossed off your name and wrote in his own!
Happy Holidays and Happy Anniversary!
Karen
xx

Steph said...

Great cards! Especially love the colour combo on the first one. Can't believe your hubbie made you a card!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Very lovely owl for for YNS challenge. Cute card and great backgrounf embossing texture added. Thanks for joining us and hope to see you again for the upcoming ones!
Hugs,
Cabio, YNS DT

Unknown said...

Hi Jan! wow first of all ***Claps!***** to hubby, well done you....its a breath taking card, especially since its your first ever card. You might want to keep a close eye on your crafting stuff Jan! lol
you already know i love your sweet stampin DT Card but your anniversary card is gorgeous. I love the PP image (i have a thing for owls)
ill owlways love you too honey, speak to you soon
love emma xxx

carlz said...

Awww Jan!!! thats really sweet love what kev did with ya name stamp did giggle! lovely cards you'v made!!! big cheers for kev too!!!! xx

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary to you and hubby Jan, hope you enjoy your meal this evening, love both your cards especially your flower card, its so bright and cheery! How clever is your hubby? He's done a cracking job on your card and me thinks you will have to keep an eye on your stash from now on...such a romantic gesture to make you a card...my hubby wouldn't have a clue lol! Donna x

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a lovely array of cards too.
Hugs
Sandra x

Lori said...

Awwwwww... that is so wonderful that Kev made you a card!!! How romantic :D

I also wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and entering my candy.

I LOVE Stampin' Up! I live in the US and I think that you should move here so I can join in your classes - hee hee! Sounds like so much FUN!!!

I've become your follower - I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Love and hugs ~ Lori xx

cheryl said...

oh hunny your cards are just brilliant and happy anniversary too and your hubbie gosh how clever is he you are so lucky hun,sounds like a lovely chap hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Faye said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoyed your bubbles! Now then, your hubby MADE you a card, how sweet is that?! What a cutie! Nice touch on the back, made me smile. I bet you'll treasure that one forever.
Your card to him is also so tweet! (Sorry!) And your DT card is just refreshing. Lovely. xxx

Evadne Hatte said...

Oooh go Kev, the little tinker, did you repay the favour and take apart a car in the garage for him ;-)
Happy Anniverary x

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your hubby is very talented!!

Thanks for joining us at YNS, your card is beautiful, love the sweet image!! Hope to see you next time too,
hugs Angela x