Wednesday 9 December 2009

Doodle Palace - new images & a freebie!


It's new release day over at Doodle Palace, there are two lovely new Teddy Bear images & this snail, which is a freebie, so pop over for a look!

I thought this would make a great belated card and I've made the sentiments on the computer, you can't really tell from the picture but I dug out my old shimmery paints for the snail's shell, so IRL his shell has a nice sparkle!

I followed the sketch over at Design Dollies, so I'm entering my card into their sketch challenge and the rest of my card is Stampin' Up! as follows:

Cardstock - So Saffon; Pumpkin Pie
DSPs - Washington Apple (retired)
Button - Earth Elements

I made the card on the weekend and went outside to take the picture and can you see the shadows on the card, yes we had some sunshine, it didn't last though, and once again it's wet & miserable, quite misty here at the moment!

Have a good day

11 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

Your card is lovely love the snail image and sentiment. The colours are fab too. I haven't seen any email from you about your classes?

Jayne xx

Faye said...

I love the image, sentiments and colour combo, what a fab card! xxx

Margreet said...

what a great card Jan....I love that snail...I'm going to look for it!
xxx Margreet

Do What You Love said...

Jan, this is such a cute little image - perfectly put together; love those colors. The paper is just fantastic!

Unknown said...

Love your take on my sketch! Cute image! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Leah l'Orange said...

Jan - what a great little card! I'm SO checking out that freebie!

I personally love your colour scheme, and you did a fabby job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us again at Design Dollies! We hope you'll be back again soon!

Stef H said...

now this is absolutely fabulous. the colors are fun as is the card!

hugs,

Emma said...

Jan this is FAB - I think it may be among some of my favourite's of yours. Really creative and clever layout - love it :D

Margreet said...

Hi Jan.....I can't find the freebie snail???......where do I have to look???
xxx Margreet

Meikoningin said...

Oh what a sweetie :) Very beautiful colours you used !

cheryl said...

oh hun this is brilliant so love it the buttons are great too hugs cheryl xx