Sunday 6 December 2009

Winter Window

Another Christmas card done, I've made a little scene using an old SU! set "Window Dressing" with the idea it looks like the outside of a house.

I've got a little handheld machine (can't think what it's called) which ripples the card and gives a nice corrugated effect. I used a light, warm coloured paper behind the window to try & give the effect of a lighted window with a view of the Christmas tree, which I've stamped and then put the window on SU! Dimensional to give some depth.

Stampin' Up! used:

Stamp set - Window Dressing
Markers - Real Red; So Saffron; Bordering Blue, Tempting Turquoise
Cardstock - Night of Navy; Whisper White
DSPs - Haiku (retired)

I'm entering this into two challenges:
Paperplay - Christmas without red or green
A Spoonful of Sugar - Non traditional Christmas Colours

TFL x

5 comments:

Zoe Tant said...

Is crimper the word you are looking for? Whatever this is a super use of Window Dressing. Zx

Do What You Love said...

This is really the sweetest and so unique, Jan. I love it! I was going to invest in a crimper but keep putting it off...hmm..may have to get one the next time it is on sale or I have a coupon! This effect with the window and little snowmen outside is awesome! ;D

Faye said...

I've heard of those gadgets being called a ribbler. I love what you have achieved with this card (and am green with envy that you have this set!). Good luck with the challenges - I'd pick you to win! x

Deirdre said...

Jan, super cute card. Love the colours you used and thanks so much for joining in on the Paperplay Challenge this week.

cheryl said...

oh this is super hun love the colurs,and such a detailed card too hugs cheryl xx