Thursday 3 December 2009

A very difficult to photo Snowflake Card!


I've had a nightmare trying to take a picture of this card and unfortunately this is as good as it gets! It's a very simple card but I've used a very shiny, purple holographic card which under indoor lighting is just reflecting all the light back, so neither picture is particularly accurate as it is actually purple on a satin white cardstock but looks all sorts of colours in the one photo & pink in the other! Oh well, hopefully you get the gist!

I've followed the sketch over at Annabelle Challenges, I really liked the straightforward layout, and they ask for added bling, which with the shiny card & gems, I think I've achieved!

I'm also entering it into two of this week's challenges at Design Dollies, the first is for a purple monotone card (it is purple honestly!) and the second is to have snowflake(s) as the main element of the card.

I've die cut the snowflakes, stamped out my sentiment & used my SU! Word Window punch for the sentiment & the two purple "tags" and added some ribbon from my stash.

TFL

15 comments:

Margreet said...

love your snowflake card Jan!
xxx Margreet

Sara said...

Don't worry, between the two photos you get a very good idea of the card. It's stunning and that holographic card really suits the bold design.

Thanks for entering my candy draw.

Sara xx

Mandy said...

I love the simplicity of this and the holographic card is fab..love the snowflake...a simple and beautiful card..
Mandy xx

Andrea said...

Beautiful card Jan, I think it's fabulous it can look so different in different lights! Thanks for playing along with us this week.
Andrea

Donna said...

Beautiful card Jan, I love the holographic card you have used and the snowflake really stands out well :) Donna x

carlz said...

beautiful cards hunni!! xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Your phots are just fine as these cards are so funky. Love'em. Zx

Ida said...

It's gorgeous and I'm so glad you joined us with the Annabelle Sketch challenge. Come back again.

Kaz Hall said...

love it just gorgeous!!!!
kazxx

cheryl said...

another beauty hun not to worry about the photo we all know its fab love that snowflake hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Faye said...

It's ab-fab! x

Stef H said...

these are gorgeous! that holographic backgroud on the first one is just stunning!

hugs,

Unknown said...

So difficult but so worth the effort!!! Great choice of paper for that card! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Do What You Love said...

But you know what - both colors shown are beautiful! I love it! Beautiful snowflake, too; it's a gorgeous card all the way around, Jan. :D

Leah l'Orange said...

GREAT project, Jan! i know what a pain that stuff is to shoot, but i think you've captured it well! thanks for joining us at Design Dollies! :) hope we'll see you again soon!