Sunday 29 March 2009

Creative Card Crew - Challenge No. 3


The theme for this week's challenge was to use warm colours and I've really enjoyed making this card & am pleased with the finished result.
I used my brand spanking new SU Playful Petals stamp set, I've coloured it using SU inks Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie & Summer Sun with a blender pen, then I've cut out the image and decoupaged it - oh yes & the leaves are done with Garden Green. The sentiment is also SU from a set called Cheer & Wishes & if you can't read it clearly (not the best photo I admit) it says "Warm Wishes" which seemed rather appropriate for this card.
I've used SU cardstock Summer Sun, and the layer underneath the flower has been cut using an X Cut die. I don't know where the DPs came from as I was given a stash recently but have no idea whose papers they are and I've embossed a strip of the paper with a Cuttlebug folder and chalked over the raised image so it shows a bit more clearly.

3 comments:

Louly said...

Oh that is so beautiful! I love that flower.

Paula said...

What a pretty card love the warm colours you have used. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Gail Burton said...

That's gorgeous Jan! Love the colours.

Gail x