Monday 30 March 2009

3 Challenges - Penny Black, Sketch Saturday & Charisma Cardz

Made this card yesterday which I can use for three challenges this week.

The sketch is from Sketch Saturday's Challenge No. 44, which I really liked.

Penny Black's Challenge - No. 42 was the theme Think Spring, and I thought this little mouse throwing out his flowers had a lovely Spring feeling to it.

And finally, Charisma Cardz were asking for us to use our favourite things on a card, which for me at the moment are definately my Nestabilities, in particular the nested circles & nested scalloped circles, I use these so much and wonder how on earth I managed without them, they certainly make my life easier. I'm now saving up to buy some more of the nested die sets as they're just fab.

So the image is Penny Black as is the sentiment and I've coloured the image in using SU's watercolour crayons, Lavender Lace; Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue (for the basket) and Apricot Appeal for the mouse. I've put some diamond glaze over the balloon to give it a bit of shine.

The DP's are from a FunkyFairy's set called Funky's Garden, I only bought the set yesterday (as they're having a half price sale) and wanted to use it straight away and the cardstock is SU's Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise. The ribbon is from my stash.

7 comments:

Beth said...

Oh this is adorable! Such a cute stamp and the papers are fab! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Joy said...

I love your PB image, so cute, and I don't know anyone who doesn't love their nesties, I know I do. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Sandra said...

Simple yet effective card. Love the PB image you have used.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Pauline C said...

Lovely card - that PB mouse image is very joyful. Love your colour scheme. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That's a pretty card Jan. the image is so adorable and you've coloured it so well. Thanks so much for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Steph said...

Such a pretty image and I love that paper x

Vee said...

Lovely card Jan,love the papers and the image is really cute.Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge.
xx Vee