Thursday 19 March 2009

Driving Test Congratulations


My stepdaughter Katie passed her driving test this week and after quite a struggle to find the image I wanted, I finally came up with this card to send her.


The image is a Forever Friends stick on, which I've mounted onto card, cut around & attached with silicon to raise it slightly off the background, the ripped in two L plate image I found on the internet and again mounted onto card & raised. The map background was an idea I "borrowed", with permission, from my friend Laura, who had used the idea on her own cards which I thought was very clever and I used the Swindon area because that's where Katie lives. The pink sentiment is cut out using a Cuttlebug die, from SU Pink Passion card which is the same as the layer underneath the map. So it's definately a girl's card and I think she'll like it!

7 comments:

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Amazing card, works really well, very clever :)
Sarah x

P.S I love my stamps I ordered with you from Stampin' up! Amazing creation! I will be telling everyone just how fantastic SU products are :)

Donna said...

Fantastic card and such a great idea to use the map :) Donna x

Red Berry Rosebud said...

thankyou for my lovely bracelet, I really love it Autumnxx

Helen Ding said...

Gorgeous card, I'm glad you found an image in the end!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card... I'm sure Katie will love it :) xxx

Gail Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail Burton said...

Brilliant card Jan! I'm hoping I need one of those soon for my daughter, lol. I deleted the last post because I'm typing in the dark...?