Saturday 18 April 2009

The Digishack Challenge


I came across this brand new blog whilst blog hopping recently and this is their first challenge, you're given the image for free which you have to use on your project in conjunction with their sketch.

This card was a bit of a challenge for me as the image is not in my usual style at all, so I had to really think about the papers to use with it, but once I got going I really enjoyed doing it and I'm really pleased with the end result - it's actually nice to do something different for a change.

I watercolored the image using Stampin' Up! Watercolour Crayons in Barely Banana and Certainly Celery, to keep the image quite delicate, the yellow paper is some handmade paper I've had in my stash for ages, and the BP is printed from a "My Craft Studio" CD. The chipboard "Unique" sentiment is from A Pocket of Posies chipboard stickers and the ribbons and button brads are also from my stash.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Jan, and lovely colours and colouring with the watercolours. Will have to check this challenge out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Joanne x

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us!!
-t

Kimberley said...

Very pretty and not the traditional pink.

Victoria said...

Fab card, love the colours.

Victoria
x

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card Jan - so very lovely :) xxx